Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30th, 2006

It's DOUBLE EDITION--- two weeks worth!

I've learned that if you think you have a spot on your skin that is "nothing to worry about", get it checked anyways.

I've learned that shopping in Herald Square five days before Christmas is a nightmare.

I've learned that your health should ALWAYS come first!

I've learned not to buy any gifts until two weeks before Christmas because EVERYTHING will be on sale then!

I've learned that there's a such thing as a scarf that isn't itchy! It's called FLEECE.

I've learned that using coupons for gifts is better than using coupons for yourself!

I've learned: Edy's Peppermint Ice Cream-- when there's a will, there's a way.

I've learned that when you are depressed that you have skin cancer (which I do) -- the person to talk to you is your best friend-- and that's your husband.

I've learned that there can never be too many holiday lunches.

I've learned that a perfect black wool coat is worth going to three different Gaps to find your size.

I've learned to read the fine print -- Delta SHUTTLE terminal is not the same as DELTA terminal at LaGuardia!

I've learned that there is no point in getting to the airport two hours ahead of departure.

I've learned that flights will never leave on time.

I've learned that I can't live without my ipod or cell phone.

I've learned that my suitcase will ALWAYS be the last fucking suitcase to be put on the turnstile at baggage claim.

I've learned that my presents will ALWAYS be the ones that don't make it under the tree because someone forgot them in NYC. (awwww)

I've learned that I CAN COOK!!! Doesn't exactly mean I WANT TO, but I can!

I've learned that children are easily influenced-- tell them racing greyhounds are abused and they will tell the world! WOOHOO!

I've learned that I'm allergic to latex-- and I found this out because of band-aids and not condoms!

I've learned that stitches itch like no ones business.

I've learned that my father-in-law seriously thinks he's a race car driver.

I've learned that it's possible for an eight and ten year old to know every single song on the radio.

I've learned that children always win board games-- and they LOVE to shove it in your face.

I've learned that it's not a big deal if someone steals your sayings--- it's the biggest form of flattery right?

I've learned that if you don't feel well, stay home!

I've learned that there is nothing better than having someone be envious of the people you have in your life. Someone can go buy a pair of jeans or a pair of shoes I'm wearing, but they can never go get a Sneetch or a Charlie or a Lynn Zimmerman. And I love that.

No comments: