Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12, 2007

I’ve learned that New York City is just as unprepared with the rain as Virginia Beach is with the snow.

I’ve learned that people who are not from New York have no idea what it means when there are absolutely no trains running.

I’ve learned that I can do twice as many sit-ups as my husband and I enjoy telling him this every day.

I’ve learned that all it takes is three weeks of lifting weights to see a difference in your arms.

I’ve learned that when my cat is acting crazier than normal, it probably means there is a bug somewhere in our apartment.

I’ve learned that the comfort of coming home to a cool apartment after walking 15 minutes in 95 degree heat is worth the $140 electric bill.

I’ve learned that just because USAIR has the most convenient flights, it doesn’t exactly mean I’ll be leaving on time or even THAT DAY.

I’ve learned that you must wear cotton when the weather gets above a certain temperature.

I’ve learned that you shouldn’t wait until the last minute to use the bathroom when boarding a flight because the lavatories may be out of order.

I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter how many times you’ve flown on an airplane, when you’re prone to motion sickness, it’s only a matter of time until you throw up on a flight.

I’ve learned that those little bags in an airplane are there for a reason.

I’ve learned that when your trustee brand of tampons decides to change their design and you find the original design at Cosco…. it’s ok to purchase four boxes of 100.

I’ve learned that sometimes saying “I am tired” is not enough, and that you actually should say “I want to go home.”

I’ve learned that when you go on a trip, you always go back with more than you came with.

I’ve learned that one pair of jeans, three tank tops and one pair of flip flops is enough clothing for two days.

I’ve learned that there comes a time in your life where you care and love so much about ONE person that you come to realize that all you’ve had or felt in the past meant nothing.

No comments: