Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 14th, 2007

I've learned that, no matter how hard I try, I will never be able to get my cats off the kitchen table.

I've learned that it can be so hot outside that you can feel your legs sweating.

I've learned that not drinking enough water will cause a headache.

I've learned that a one hour lunch break is sanity that I never knew I was missing.

I've learned that it's not a good idea to go three weeks without washing clothing.

I've learned that working at a university means that everyone will think I'm a student because I STILL LOOK LIKE I AM 19 YEARS OLD!!!!

I've learned that hair does not need to be blowdried when it's 85 degrees outside in the morning and I have to walk 15 minutes to the subway!

I've learned that it's impossible to get some regular tampons! Easy Glide, Pearl, Fresh, Compax, blah blah blah--- just give me some regular cardboard applicator tampons so I don't have to walk 4 blocks in 95 degree weather to get them!!!!

I've learned that after walking those FOUR blocks in 95 degree heat, that I will always manage to get in line behind a college student purchasing $311 worth of stuff at WALGREENS on her parent's credit card!

I've learned that while you're standing in that line, you will realize you need toothbrushes, but there are so many choices of toothbrushes that you'll accidentally purchase the MEDIUM ones that are TOO HARD TO BRUSH WITH!!!!

I've learned that Ben & Jerrys will mysteriously discontinue my favorite flavor (Oatmeal Cookie)-- and this week was not the right week to do it.

I've learned that while I have the opportunity to take all the college classes I want FOR FREE, I'm going to start to learn how to cook! I'm starting with a cupcake class-- next are chocolate truffles.

No comments: