Monday, February 19, 2007

February 19th, 2007

I've learned that there is no such thing as too much to learn in one week! It's been a VERY LONG week, people.

I've learned that people cancel plans and there is nothing you can say or do to stop it from happening.

I've learned not to get too excited about an apartment until you actually see it-- pictures do nothing!

I've learned that all it takes is to see some Garbage Pail Kids to make me feel like I want to be 8 years old again.

I've learned that I'm not sure how I cleaned before Lysol Disinfecting Wipes were invented.

I've learned that it's basically impossible to find the perfect Valentine's Day card for your parents.

I've learned that there is one more thing I need to check before walking out the door in the morning so our cats don't ruin EVERYTHING, and that is making sure our closet is locked!

I've learned that sometimes you just have to clean the pasta sauce off the counter in the morning and not bitch about it.

I've learned that I really don't lose anything -- I just temporarily misplace things.

I've learned that it's not smart to have white gloves when you live in NYC.

I've learned that just because someone asks for a tip doesn't mean you have to give it to them!

I've learned that I will never get used to the snow, and I will never like it.

I've learned that rain boots might keep my feet dry, but they DO NOT keep them warm.

I've learned that some people just can't be pleased no matter how hard you try and no matter how good of an attitude you have.

I've learned that no job is secure.

I've learned that all a woman really wants is to be a mother and stay home with her children-- any woman who says they'd rather have a career over a family is completely full of shit.

I've learned that my cat is still trying after two years to get used to the other one.

I've learned that you should NEVER say..."my week can't get worse" because it most definitely can.

I've learned that when the airline says your flight is canceled, cry for about 10 minutes-- then after that, start making phone calls and DO NOT GIVE UP on getting the first one out the next morning.

I've learned that if you bitch enough about the airlines being completely out of control, they will give you two free round trip tickets to anywhere in the Continental U.S. just to SHUT YOU UP!!

I've learned that you must wear socks to the airport-- UGGS do not cut it when you have to take them off and place your bare feet on the freezing cold floor.

I've learned that a 70 year old woman with multiple surgeries to her face looks weird standing next to her husband who hasn't had any work done.

I've learned that it's never too late to make a change-- a positive change, a career change, a location change, a life change.

I've learned that sometimes you need your best friend to tell you that you just need to pack it all up and get the hell out-- and you need her husband to convince your husband the same thing.

I've learned that it's ok if you're the only one that sees the rainbow-- it just means that you are the one who has to get the other person to recognize that there is one.

No comments: