Saturday, January 20, 2007

January 20th, 2007

I've learned that leaving just ten minutes earlier each morning guarantees a seat on the train.

I've learned that sometimes a $17 cab ride is worth every single penny.

I've learned that you shouldn't complain about gaining five pounds when you are a size 2-- especially to a woman who has battled with her weight her entire life.

I've learned that even fleece is itchy! How is this possible?!?!

I've learned that sometimes you are the one who has to make the first move to rebuild a friendship-- and sometimes that's ok, but other times it's not.

I've learned that snow will eventually come to New York City-- maybe not in November, maybe not in December--- but it will come!

I've learned that one of the best things after a three day weekend is the four day work week following it.

I've learned that wet feet are unpleasant-- but wet feet wearing UGGS is even worse.

I've learned to keep a spare umbrella at the office.

I've learned that music has a way of knowing EXACTLY the way you feel about something.

I've learned that sometimes, just sometimes it's ok to take the phone away from your ear when you don't feel like listening to what the person is saying on the other end.

I've learned that no matter what time you leave home when you absolutely HAVE TO be at work at 9am-- you will not get there on time.

I've learned that the next apartment we live in, we will not be neighbors with a firehouse.

I've learned that if you get a paper cut from a redwell folder, you might as well just chop your finger off (that's how bad it hurts)!

I've learned that when you really need to vacuum, the vacuum will mysteriously break for no reason what-so-ever!

I've learned that receiving an unexpected card in the mail can make your day-- or even your week.

No comments: