Saturday, January 13, 2007

January 13th, 2007

I've learned that people are really cranky when the weather goes back to being cold after having a day of spring-like temperatures.

I've learned that it's perfectly OK to cause a scene in a diner when it's absolutely necessary.

I've learned that no one likes Mondays- but it's even worse when it rains!

I've learned that the entire city of NY goes into a state of panic when there is the slightest bit of a gas smell-- ok, so who am I kidding, it was BAD!

I've learned that when you have a meeting with the CEO, it's a good idea to wear the clothing from head to toe.

I've learned that the bus is even more crowded when it's raining.

I've learned that just because I was able to do one hundred sit ups with no problem five years ago, does not mean I can just whip out one hundred sit ups now.

I've learned that even if you work for a high fashion company does not exactly mean you'll be able to tell the difference between your company's clothing and The Gap.

I've learned that just because you think a person knew you so well years ago, doesn't mean they know the person you are now.

I've learned that if your gut is telling you not to go out after work, listen to it because something might be needing your immediate attention at home.

I've learned that it's alright to check and recheck and recheck and recheck again to see if your gas is turned off after you've cooked.

I've learned that you don't realize how much you'd miss your animals until something happens that might endanger their lives.

I've learned that there has to be a balance between your professional and personal life.

I've learned that every relationship is something that needs to be worked on and if one side of the relationship stops caring, then you should too.

I've learned that as much as you tell the guy who makes your chinese food that you DO NOT want celery, expect to have to pick it out of your food anyways!

No comments: